A Few Ways to Use Small Glass Jars
Small glass jars can be used in many different ways. People can use them for decorating their house, for storing their spices or for making nice presents to their friends or family.
Usually used by people in order to store all kind of things :
- - you may use them in your kitchen – you can use them to store your spices, your dry food, such as beans, rice, cereal, grains or flour. You can also use them for canning jelly, salsa or sauces, because they can be sealed airtight and this keeps them fresh longer. You can also use them as salt and pepper shakers – the glass is clear and this is why you can always see what you are getting – salt or pepper. Why should you spend a lot of money on salt and pepper shakers, when you can make them by yourself?
- - you may use them to store various hardware, like bolts, nails, drill bits or screws.
- - you can use them as pencil holders – if you do not want to find your pens and pencils all over the place, you can put them into a small glass jar. You can even decorate the jar and this will help you have a nice, cheap and really useful pencil holder.
- - you can use the glasses for saving money – if you do not want to spend a lot of money on a piggy bank, you can use a small jar in which you can put your savings.
- - you can use these glass jars as candle jars – almost everyone likes decorative candles, but we all know that after a while, the candles just do not work properly – they melt really fast and they can be pretty messy. A great idea is to melt them all together and put the melted wax in them, set them aside for the wax to cool and then trim the wick about a half inch about the wax and after that you can say that you have a new candle. If you want to decorate your house with candles, you can choose different colors, shapes and sizes. Or, you can just fill the jar with a little sand and then add the candlestick.
- - you can create decorative elements from these – you can put sand in the bottom of the jar and then add shells and some driftwood, and, for a finishing touch you can glue a larger shell to the lid. You can also use them as small flower vases and you can also put different things, like sequins and glitter and use them as Christmas decorations.
- - small glass jars can easily be used to make nice gifts to friends or family – for example, you can put sequins and glitter in a colored jar and then pick out a piece of colored paper on which you can write something nice and personal, or even a poem. You can even fill the jars with candies, cookies or chocolate and then give them to your friends and family for Christmas! This would be a great present and your friends will be thrilled when they see that you have thought about them in a special way !
So, if you have small glass jars and you didn’t what you could use them for, we have given you a few ideas which should help you organize small things from your kitchen, your garage or your office and should also help you save some money.